I love margaritas. I didn’t discover them until I had time to kill in an airport last summer – but I’m so glad they’re a part of my life now. Until then, somehow tequila had totally bypassed me – no teenage excesses in the park, or late nights licking salt off my hand and making questionable choices had left a literal bad taste in my mouth, so I was free to embrace my new favourite drink with open arms and great enthusiasm.
What you need:
- 1 part tequila
- 1/2 part triple sec / Cointreau
- 1/2 part lime juice
- Course sea salt for you glass
It’s the easiest thing:
- Mix the tequila, triple sec and lime juice together in a cocktail shaker.
- Rub the skin from the juiced lime around the rim of your glass, then roll the rim of the glass into the sea salt.
- Strain into your glass, sit back and enjoy.