I’ve recently discovered the joys of Mexican foods. I know, I’m not sure how I missed it before either – but not I’ve found it I’m embracing with open arms. Salsa verde is such a great side accompaniment to so many wonderful Mexican dishes I thought it deserved a post all of its own.
What you need:
- 250 tomatillos. (I used tinned)
- 1 fresh green chilli
- 6 stems of parsley or coriander
- Half a chopped red onion
- Pinch of salt
It’s really simple:
- Roughly chop the chillies and tomatillos and put them into a large bowl
- Add the parsley and 60ml of water and mix together with a hand blender.
- Scoop mixture into a serving bowl and add the onion, then stir it through to combine
- Season with salt and serve along side you main, or eat with tortillas.