Calorie information – Serves 8
50 calories per serving
Kale is reasonably new to my life – I don’t have any childhood memories of being coerced into eating it, which means I’m happy to image it as a fun time snack now.
This is probably the easiest thing in the whole entire world, but don’t let that trick you into thinking it’s not great. It’s ideal as a winter time snack, as well as a side to a Christmas dinner.
What you need:
- 12 Kale or Cavolo Nero leaves (works best with whole leaves rather than the cut pieces in supermarket packets)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Pinch of sea salt
It’s so simple:
- Pre heat oven to 600 degrees Celsius
- Take the kale and cut out the thick centre stalk
- Lay out the leaves in a roasting dish or baking trey, allowing some space so they’re not overlapping. When things cook too closely they boil instead of roasting, which can make the kale become bitter
- Sprinkle the cinnamon evenly over the leaves, drizzle with oil and put into the hot oven
- Cook for around 5 minutes until they have crisped up – keep a keen eye on these as there is a fine line between crisped, and burned. Which I learned at my own expense on my test run.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve alongside a Christmas meal, or alone as a sweet salty snack.