On a recent Sunday trip to our greengrocer I spotted golden and candied beetroot. Until that moment anything other than red beetroots were like snow leopards to me – I’d seen them on TV but had never tracked them down in real life.
I know that whatever I made I wanted to make sure they could be seen in their full beautiful glory, and how better than to make the the stars of a roast vegetable medley
.What you need:
- Roughly chop:
1 large red pepper
2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes or 4 large tomatoes cut across and flesh side up
1 large red onion
3 large beetroots
- Prepare:3 – 4 teaspoons of ghee or real butter
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 3 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 handful lambs lettuce to garnish.
It’s really easy
- Pre Heat oven to 200 Degrees C
- Chop all of the vegetables and arrange them in roasting tins, on a single layer with as little overlapping as possible – this will allow them all the space to roast fully instead of boiling as vegetables do if overcrowded. They should take about 40 minutes to cook, after about 20 minutes give them a move around with a wooden spoon to ensure they don’t stick.
- Cook your quinoa in the vegetable stock, this should take around 15 minutes on a low simmer
- When all is cooked, combine in a large serving bowl and add lambs lettuce to garnish
- This is perfect served with a Brazil Nut Pesto