When I saw a pesto made using brazil nuts in a Hemsley & Hemsley book, I had to give it a go – and after a few tweaks, and I’m glad I did.
What you need:
- 3 large handfuls of fresh basil (stalks and all)
- 20 Brazil nuts (the more nuts you add, the thicker and creamier your pesto will be)
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 1.5 cups of extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
It’s really simple:
This one really is the easiest of all. Put everything into a large bowl and mix it with a hand blender until there are no big lumps of brazil nuts or chunks of garlic left.
It takes a little while, I thought I’d finished a few times only to find a brazil nut hiding in the mix, but after a little while you have a smooth thick pesto ready to go with your pasta, candy beetroot quinoa salad, or anything else you like.