My mint plant has started flowering – beautiful fluffy purple flowers which make me happy to look at every morning. At the same time as making me happy, they’re a daily reminder that I haven’t used any mint for a super long time, which seems as good a reason as any, while the mint is offering double wonderfulness: flavour and decoration, to get involved in mojitos again. It’s mojito time!
What you need:
- Small handful blackberries
- 2tsp sugar
- 3 mint sprigs
- 50ml white rum
- 2 slices of lime
- Crushed ice
- Tonic water to top up
It’s really easy:
- In a cocktail mixer, muddle (gently crush) the mint, blackberries and sugar together. Don’t fully crush them, just enough that they start to release some juice and aromas. Like falling in love: when it’s right – you’ll know it.
- Add the rum and shake shake shake.
- Put a generous amount of crushed ice into two glasses and then add the rum, sugar. mint and berries on top of it.
- Top up with tonic water, stir and yum.