Oh Guacamole, my old friend. My ultimate comfort food.
After many trials and rounds of refinement, I feel safe in saying I’ve developed them recipe for The Worlds’ Best Guacamole. Thats right – The Worlds’ Best Guacamole
What You Need:
- 2 very ripe avocados, at room temperature
- 2 pinches course salt
- Pinch chilli flakes
- Pinch paprika
- Juice of 1 lime
- Small handful chives
- Small drizzle truffle oil / olive oil
It’s really easy to do:
- Take you two avocados. Cut them in half, remove the seed and scoop out the flesh, into a bowl. You want the avocados to be as ripe as possible (before they go brown), they have the most flavour and are the easiest to mash. Having them at room temperature also makes the easier to mash, since very cold avocados and very hard avocados.
- Add a pinch of salt, a drizzle of truffle or olive oil, a pinch of paprika and the juice of one lime to the bowl and use a for to mash them all together, until any large lumps of avocado are gone. Don’t add too much paprika or the guacamole will change from a vibrant green to a muddier colour.
- Take a small handful of chives and use scissors to cut them into the mixture.
- Finally, sprinkle some crushed chillies over the top, to give it a little bit of a kick.
- Enjoy as a light lunch, or with some toast. Most likely, enjoy with a spoon right out of the bowl!