After a very successful afternoon of redcurrant picking I was inspired to put them to good use. I’m still very much on a summer punch kick, and this sweet, floral, mixture of summer flavours is be just the thing.
What you need:
- 25ml grenadine
- 10ml elderflower cordial
- 25ml Cointreau and 25ml of vodka OR
- 50ml orange vodka
- Juice of half a lime
- Tonic water
- Redcurrants & lime to garnish (optional)
Add the grenadine and elderflower to the glass, followed by the cointreau and vodka (or orange vodka) and mix, then top up with tonic water and a squeeze of lime
To garnish – if you happen to have just been foraging you can garnish with redcurrants, if not, make a twirl from the lime skin.
Although they look awesome, lime twirls are really easy to make:
- Just cut a slice of lime about 0.5cm thick.
- Using your fingers take out the flesh until your left with just a ring of pith and peel.
- Make a single cut so now you have a strip of pith and peel and wrap it around your finger. Hold for a few seconds. It should stay in shape by itself and will hold on to the side of a glass.